This recipe is inspired by Satay Sauce, used in many Asian countries as a dip for grilled meats. Its creamy texture makes a perfect match for crunchy egg rolls.
Creamy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Recipe type: Dipping Sauce
Serves: 1 Cup
- ½ cup unsweetened (natural) peanut butter*
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp Asian fish sauce
- ½ tsp fresh chopped ginger
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar, dissolved in ¼ cup hot water
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- *if unsweetened peanut butter isn’t available, reduce sugar to ½ tsp.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, and brown sugar dissolved in hot water until mixed thoroughly.
- Before serving, stir in fresh cilantro and sriracha (if using). Enjoy with your favorite Egg Rolls.