Warm up with a classic: Egg Drop Soup! So simple and satisfying, and delicious with a side of egg rolls!
It’s time to unwind from the holidays. With just a few ingredients and minimal effort, you can have this warm, comforting meal on the table in minutes.
Your New Year’s resolution will thank you for this simple, protein-packed recipe.
Traditional Egg Drop Soup
Author: Van's Kitchen
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 4 servings
- 5 cups chicken broth
- ½ inch slice fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- kosher salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper (can substitute black pepper) 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring the chicken broth, ginger and soy sauce to a boil over medium heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer. Drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, stir in green onions, and serve immediately.