We love to use simple ingredients that pack a punch.
Shrimp? Check! Coconut milk? Check! Mouthwatering spices? Check!
Did we mention this recipe is perfect for V-Day?
Impress your Valentine with this sweet and spicy curry and wait for the applause.
(Brownie points if you serve it alongside Van’s Kitchen veggie egg rolls!)
Gosh, do we ❤️ this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails may be left on)
- ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- cooked white rice, for serving
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Stir in the curry powder, curry paste, and turmeric and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut milk and water and raise the heat to medium heat. When the curry mixture bubbles, add the shrimp and salt. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink in color and cooked. Do not overcook the shrimp. Taste the curry and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve immediately with rice.