It’s not often that a really tasty recipe can be cooked in about 10 minutes. This thin, crispy, and flavorful chicken egg roll pizza is one of them! Made from Van’s Kitchen chicken egg rolls, a package of egg roll wrappers, and a few basic ingredients, most of which are optional, this is easy Asian cuisine at it’s finest.
The star of our chicken egg roll pizza recipe is the egg roll, of course. Van’s Kitchen chicken egg rolls are chocked full of fresh, crunchy veggies, 100% white meat chicken, and our custom blend of authentic Asian spices. Plus, they’re low in fat and calories but you’ll never know because they’re quite tasty!
To make chicken egg roll pizza, you will need to pick up a 5 pack of chicken egg rolls at your local grocery store in the deli section. You will also need a package of egg roll wrappers from the cold veggie section, sesame oil, sweet and sour sauce, and sesame seeds. We recommend buying green onions and a broccoli slaw kit (or cole slaw kit) to add more vegetables to the pizza. The more veggies the better, right? You could also add more chicken but it’s definitely not necessary.
Let’s talk pizza crust. Egg roll wrappers take the crispiness of thin pizza crust to a whole new level. You won’t believe the crunch! Plus, they don’t crack like pizza crust sometimes does. For the chicken egg roll pizza crust, simply lay out four wrappers onto a greased pizza crisper pan, poke holes into the dough with a fork, and then brush them with sesame seed oil. Cook for 5 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
While the crust is baking, it’s time to prepare the pizza topping by disassembling five Van’s Kitchen chicken egg rolls. Slice each chicken egg roll down the middle and separate the filling into a bowl. Next, tear the soft parts of the chicken egg roll wrappers into small pieces and add them to the bowl. Discard the edges and other hard parts of the wrappers or better yet, eat them!
Now comes the optional part of our chicken egg roll pizza recipe. There’s plenty of vegetables already inside the Van’s Kitchen chicken egg rolls but if you’d like more, we suggest adding at least 2 cups of a slaw kit with carrots and cabbage and a handful of chopped green onions to the egg roll filling. Mix the filling with your hands until well combined.
By now the crust should be done baking. This is where the fun begins! Remove the crust from the oven and brush sweet and sour sauce on it. Next, use your fingers to spread the chicken egg roll filling on top. Place the pizza back in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes. Your kitchen should smell amazing right about now!
You will know the chicken egg roll pizza is done baking when the topping is heated through and the crust has browned on the edges. The final step is to drizzle the pizza with sweet and sour sauce and sprinkle sesame seeds generously. Slice it with a pizza cutter and enjoy! More than likely, you’ll be asked to make this pizza again and again. It is that good!
This pizza is fantastic for a unique weeknight dinner. It’s also perfect for entertaining guests at a party! Just be sure to have plenty of the ingredients on hand so you can quickly assemble another pizza on a moment’s notice. Take it from us, chicken egg roll pizza slices have a way of disappearing!
Chicken Egg Roll Pizza
- 5 Van’s Kitchen Chicken Egg Rolls
- 1 pkg egg roll wrappers
- 1 broccoli slaw, cole slaw, or stir fry kit with shredded carrots, cabbage, etc. (optional)
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbl sweet and sour sauce plus more for drizzling
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mist pizza crisper pan with cooking spray.
- Open the package of egg roll wrappers and place 4 of them on the pan to form a square. Do not overlap them.
- Using a fork, poke a few holes in each wrapper.
- Brush the egg roll wrappers with sesame oil.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, take 5 Van’s Kitchen chicken egg rolls and slice them down the middle. Separate the filling from the egg rolls into a bowl.
- Tear the soft parts of the chicken egg roll wrappers into small pieces and add them to the bowl. Discard to the edges and other hard parts of the wrappers.
- Optional: Add 2 cups of the slaw kit contents and the green onions to the bowl of egg roll filling and mix with your hands. You could also use 1.5 cups shredded cabbage and ½ cup of shredded carrots instead of the kit. Set aside.
- Remove the crust from the oven and brush 2 Tbl of sweet and sour sauce over top of the entire crust.
- Top with the egg roll filling.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until the filling is heated and the edges are crispy.
- Remove from the oven.
- Drizzle with sweet and sour sauce and top with sesame seeds.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the pizza into slices.
Chicken egg roll pizza is a healthy meal that you can be proud to serve your family! For more recipes and ideas for easy Asian cuisine, follow Van’s Kitchen on Facebook.