Shrimp Egg Rolls add some crunchy texture for a new spin on the traditional shrimp fried rice recipe.
Shrimp Egg Roll Fried Rice
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup frozen cooked shrimp
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups cold cooked white or brown rice
- ⅔ cup chopped green onion
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 package Shrimp Egg Rolls (4-5 rolls)
- ¼ cup Asian BBQ Dipping Sauce (optional)
- Prepare Shrimp Egg Rolls according to package directions.
- In a large frying pan, skillet, or electric wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the frozen cooked shrimp and frozen mixed vegetables and cook until the vegetables begin to thaw and the shrimp start to shrink in size, about 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to high, stir in the rice and cook for another minute. Stir in the green onion.
- With your spatula, push the rice out to the edges of the pan, leaving a space in the middle where you can see the bottom of the pan. Pour the eggs into the space you left in the pan and stir until the yolks are mixed with the whites.
- Wait until the eggs begin to bubble and set, about 1-2 minutes. Pour the soy sauce and sesame oil over the rice.
- Stir well until the fried rice is coated in the scrambled eggs, soy sauce and sesame oil and cook for another minute.
- Serve with bite-size slices of Shrimp Egg Rolls and drizzle with the Asian BBQ Dipping Sauce(if using).