Think outside of the box and surprise your guests with this Bold Asian-Inspired Charcuterie Board, where Van’s Kitchen Egg Rolls pair up with other bite-sized finger foods for a fresh take on entertaining!
The secret to a great charcuterie board is simple: variety! Add hints of all 5 flavors (sweet, salty, bitter, sour, and even umami) for the most dynamic and exciting appetizer.
First place large pieces of fruit around the board and surround them with creamy cheeses, crunchy nuts, and fresh veggies. Try to keep complementary flavors close together on the board!
Then place Van’s Kitchen low-fat shrimp egg rolls where everyone can reach them, because our egg rolls are the crispy, savory snacks that really start the party.
Want another charcuterie tip? Utilize the fresh deli department for your prepared items! From crisp egg rolls to pre-sliced fruit and cheese, you can let your imagination run wild!
- Van’s Kitchen Low Fat Shrimp Egg Rolls with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 papaya, halved
- 1 mango, halved
- 1 star fruit, sliced crosswise
- 2 cups edamame
- 1 cup wasabi chickpeas
- Thai-style spring rolls, sliced
- 6 chicken satay skewers
- ½ cup peanut sauce (recipe here)
- Assorted cheeses, use your favorites
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat the oven to 400°F with a rack placed in the center of the oven. Place the Van’s Kitchen shrimp egg rolls on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crispy and the internal temperature of the egg rolls is 165°F.
- While the egg rolls are baking, begin assembling the charcuterie board. Start with the fruit to anchor the platter/board, and begin distributing the elements around the board.
- When the egg rolls are cooked, slice in half and arrange the egg rolls on the board along with the sweet and sour sauce.
- Enjoy with friends!